Cristiano Ronaldo open to Sporting Lisbon return after Real Madrid rejected

The summer transfer window is racing toward the September 1 deadline, and there’s a lot of gossip swirling around who’s moving in. Transfer Talk brings you the latest news on rumors, comings and goings, and of course, completed deals!

Important story: Ronaldo is preparing to return to Sporting, where he started his career

Cristiano Ronaldo He is close to returning to his childhood club Sporting CP in Portugal, according to brand.

While the 37-year-old Manchester United striker was understood to be the preferred choice of Real Madrid, Carlo Ancelotti’s side were not interested in bringing him back to the Bernabeu.

The Spanish outlet says Ronaldo has decided his best option is to return to the Lisbon-based team, which may not be able to compete financially with other offers, but their relationship with the Portugal international may be enough to convince him to end his career. where it started.

– Stream on ESPN+: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS and more (US)

Last year, Ronaldo’s mother told Sporting supporters that she would try to persuade him to return to the club. Instead, he joined United, where the team underperformed and missed the Champions League this season.

Ronaldo has recently been linked with Marseille and Milan, but a return to Portugal now looks likely.

live blog

13.20 GMT: Barcelona continues to work on more signings, although there are problems with scoring Jules Conde With less than a week until the transfer window closes.

Coach Xavi Hernandez has confirmed that he still wants the Manchester City midfielder Bernardo Silvaalthough he admitted that a deal appears increasingly unlikely, while the Catalan club is also targeting a new right-back.

“You can never lose hope,” Xavi said at a news conference on Saturday when asked if he had given in to Silva’s arrival this month. “But, frankly, it’s going to be hard. It’s not an easy situation. There have to be ways out on our side. It’s really hard, really hard.”

12.34 GMT: AC Milan hopes to complete the loan transfer for him Trevoh Shlobeh Once Chelsea sealed the signature of Leicester City’s Wesley Fofana.

Shalluba, 23, will be pushed to the bottom of the passing arrangement with Fofana’s arrival in a deal said to be worth a total of £75m.

Gianluca Di Marzio reports Milan are hoping to add Shaluba to their defensive options with another former Chelsea player, Fikayo Tomori, a key member of the team that won the title. Scudetto Last season.

Milan are looking to organize a loan with the ‘to’ option to make the move permanent at the end of the season.

Schalke 04 Malik Thiaw It is considered another option if Milan cannot sign Shaloba.

11.50 GMT: Barcelona is worried about what might happen Antoine Griezmann Next summer, sources report ESPN’s Moises Lorenz and Rodrygo Fayez, with LaLiga club believing Atletico Madrid will seek to avoid paying the €40m agreed to make the striker’s move permanent.

Griezmann returned to Atletico last year on a two-year loan deal, with a clause stating that he would be obligated to pay Barcelona €40m if the France international played at least 45 minutes in 50% of the matches he was available to over the course of the year. Two seasons. Last year, Griezmann did so in 30 of the 37 games he had available, in fitness and not being suspended – but in Atletico’s two league matches so far this season, he has played just 28 minutes against Getafe and another 28 minutes against Villarreal.

11.06 GMT: Gypsies are interested Saul Niggis As a cover for the injured Georginio WijnaldumAnd the Diario AS . reportsHowever, the player is focused on staying at Atletico Madrid after regaining a place in the starting line-up.

Saul, 27, disappointed last season on loan to Chelsea – he started just five Premier League games – and still has four years left on his contract with Atletico.

He played at left-back in Atletico’s first game of the La Liga season away at Getafe and is expected to appear again in Valencia on Monday.

According to AS, Saul “only thinks of red and white” despite Yannick Carrasco and Renan Lodi vying for a spot on the team.

10.21 GMT: Fabrizio Romano reports This complete agreement has now been reached between ChiSea GuardianSister City center back Wesley Fofana.

Brendan Rodgers’ side have held their ground after turning down multiple transfer offers from the Blues, but it looks like Leicester have finally relented.

The 21-year-old is keen to switch to Stamford Bridge and was recently instructed to train with the Under-21 team after missing out on first-team training.

The transfer fee is said to be £75m including add-ons, which would be less than the world record £80m Leicester received from Manchester United for Harry Maguire.

Fofana will sign a six-year agreement until 2028.

09.42 GMT: The Daily mail reports Which Chelsea wants to sign? Arsene Zakharian From Dynamo Moscow.

Zakharian, 19, is said to have a £12.6m release clause, and the Blues are ready to enforce it. The midfielder played four international matches with the Russian national team.

However, it is not yet clear whether Chelsea will be able to sign a player from a Russian club due to the financial sanctions imposed on the country.

09.00 GMT: Manchester United is considering whether to make an improved offer to get Anthony After seeing a €90m bid rejected by Ajax on Friday, sources reported to ESPN’s Rob Dawson.

United increased their offer after turning down €80m earlier this month, but it was not enough to get Ajax to agree to a deal. Sources told ESPN that United are considering whether to put up another bid or turn their attention to other targets.

On Friday evening, the player announced his desire to be allowed to move to Old Trafford.

“Today, in a meeting with the club, I expressed my old interest in leaving, but only this time with a big offer on the table,” he told Fabrizio Romano. “Others have already arrived! Ajax refused, arguing that they only had five days to replace me.

“I am not asking for my release, I am asking Ajax to sell me with the highest offer ever received by a player who played in the Eredivisie. I have been insisting on this topic since February so that the club can rebuild the team with peace of mind.”

paper chatter

– Manchester United made an approach to Pierre-Emerick Aubameyangreports Gianluca Di Marzio. The 33-year-old continues to be linked with an exit from Barcelona this summer, and has also been linked with Chelsea, who have yet to reach an agreement with Barcelona. Blaugrana. The Red Devils are keen to acquire a striker before the Premier League transfer window closes on Thursday.

Marcelo His contract has expired since his contract with Real Madrid expired this summer, but he has now received an official offer from Bayer Leverkusen, he writes. foot mercato. The 34-year-old left-back is yet to decide his next destination, although he is also known to be on Monza’s radar in Nice and Serie A. Marcelo participated in only 12 matches in La Liga with Carlo Ancelotti’s team last season.

Premier League Brighton Hove Albion approached $4 million Facundo Bonannotto me Cesar Louis Merlot. The Seagulls are understood to be keen on 17-year-old attacking midfielder Rosario Central, but the Argentinian side would like to see the offer improve if they want to part with him.

Inter Milan decided to avoid any further central defense offers Milan Skriniar. Speaking of the 27-year-old Slovakian international, CEO Giuseppe Marotta, as quoted by Fabrizio Romano“He will definitely stay with us, the owners have decided not to tempt him with the bids and approaches of Paris Saint-Germain, he is a key player for us and he will stay,” he said.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.