Warring Princes William and Harry will not celebrate the 25th anniversary of Diana’s death

Warring brothers Prince William and Prince Harry will reportedly not celebrate the 25th anniversary of Diana’s death – neither in public or in private.

The Duke of Cambridge, 40, and the Duke of Sussex, 37, have agreed to end public festivities and will instead remember their mother with their families.

The couple have not spoken face to face since they unveiled a statue of their late mother Diana, Princess of Wales last summer.

They briefly put their strained relationship aside in order to unveil the highly-anticipated statue in her memory in Sunken Garden at Kensington Palace, her former home in London.

In 2017, William and Harry celebrated the 20th anniversary of Diana’s death by creating a memorial garden at Kensington Palace, participating in a documentary and lending belongings to an exhibition.

Wednesday will mark the twenty-fifth anniversary of Diana’s death, but the brothers will mourn in private to celebrate this touching occasion, telegraph reports.

But Prince Harry said this week: ‘I want it to be a day filled with memories of her amazing work and her love for the way she did it.

I want it to be a day to share my mother’s soul with my family, with my children, whom I wish I could have met. Every day, I wish I could be proud of her.

The Duke of Cambridge, 40, and the Duke of Sussex, 37, have agreed to end public festivities

The Duke of Cambridge, 40, and the Duke of Sussex, 37, have agreed to end public festivities

Diana with William (left) and Harry (right) attend a heads of state memorial service at Hyde Park on May 7, 1995, in London

Diana with William (left) and Harry (right) attend a heads of state memorial service at Hyde Park on May 7, 1995, in London

Flowers are also expected to be laid out in large numbers outside Kensington Palace.

The occasion comes as Harry and Meghan will visit the UK next month – but they are not ready to see William and Kate.

On September 5, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex will travel from their home in California to visit Manchester for the One Young World Summit, where Meghan will deliver the keynote speech at the opening ceremony.

The couple will then head to Germany for an event to celebrate the one-year anniversary of the Invictus Games in Dusseldorf on September 6, before returning to the UK for the WellChild Awards in London on September 8 where Prince Harry will deliver a speech.

It is the first time the couple has been in the UK since their jubilee celebrations in June, when they kept the lights out. They also visited in April, when they secretly met Charles and the Queen on their way to Holland

Meanwhile, the Duke of Cambridge and his family are moving from Kensington Palace to their Adelaide country house – just a 10-minute walk from Windsor Castle, later this month.

Prince William and Prince Harry unveil a statue that cost their mother Diana in the Sunken Garden at Kensington Palace last year

Prince William and Prince Harry unveil a statue that cost their mother Diana in the Sunken Garden at Kensington Palace last year

If the Sussex family stays home, Frogmore Cottage will be just a five-minute walk from the Cambridges, which will be just 800m away when they move to Adelaide in the next few weeks.

This will be the first time the couple have been close friends since Prince Harry and Meghan walked out of Kensington Palace in 2019.

But a source said the Sussex visit would focus on “supporting the many charities close to their hearts”, and they had no plans to see Cambridge.

It comes as a French documentary claims that Harry ‘turned off the phone’ to Prince William after he was confronted with witness statements portraying Meghan Markle as a vicious female employee bully.

In turn, William – who did not really like his sister-in-law much – became so enraged at his brother’s insistence to protect his wife from criticism that he jumped in a car towards Kensington Palace to go and confront the Prince. Harry.

The explosive allegations are featured in a documentary by France’s most famous television news outlet.

BFM Television is showing the emails – which were revealed as part of the Duchess of Sussex’s privacy claim against the mail on Sunday – in an investigative documentary series called “The Red Line: William and Harry, Brothers Enemy”.

It claims that the traumatized staff quit the royal family and created a WhatsApp group called The Sussex Survivors Club.

The documentary is scheduled to be shown next week.

Diana died in a car accident in Paris on August 31, 1997 at the age of 36 – when William was 15 and Harry was 12.

While they both understand the historical significance of the remembrance, and the fact that many around the world are eager to celebrate the occasion, it is a much more personal milestone for them.

Friends say they are still heartbroken that their mother has been out of their lives for longer than they have been, and that she missed seeing the birth of her first grandchildren.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.